Kundalini refers to an etheric force in man described in tantric scriptures.
In Tantrism one speaks metaphorically of a sleeping, curled up snake, as it lies in every person at the lower end of the spine in the lowest chakra.
This snake-like power and energy, once awakened, travels up the body’s various energy centers (or chakras) and enters your crown chakra, where a higher consciousness is triggered.
The result of this higher consciousness is a greater understanding of one’s own soul (or, true nature), the purpose of life, and the nature of reality itself.
Kundalini awakening is a form of energetic awakening that causes us to transform ourselves on a mental, emotional and spiritual level.
The Dangers of Kundalini Awakening
The Kundalini energy is neutral and to answer the question of whether it is dangerous or not, the answer is yes and no.
Our energy blockages prevent the flow of kundalini energy, making it a painful, frightening and sometimes dangerous experience.
If you want to awaken the Kundalini, you have to prepare abundantly, clear our energy body and if this is not the case, then the consequences can be catastrophic.
Body and mind must be prepared through yogic deprivations such as pranayama (breath control), physical exercises, visualization and singing.
The student is advised to walk the path with an open heart.
There are confessions of spontaneous Kundalini awakening and people said that they had cruel pain and they felt as if their whole body and organs were burning.
They believed that they would die because this pain was unbearable and they could not find a way out of this situation.
Their minds could not think clearly and rationally, they only found empty despair.
So, the bottom line is that Kundalini energy is very powerful and you should approach it carefully.
If you want to try to awaken the Kundalini energy, then you should seek trustworthy guidance and support from a yogi.
19 Symptoms of Kundalini Awakening
The Kundalini rests in our spine and it is a divine feminine energy.
It can be awakened unexpectedly and expectedly.
Unexpectedly and suddenly, she can be woken up with trauma or drug use and a number of other situations.
And when I say expected, I mean that with a lot of practice of Kundalini Yoga, or Tantra, you can make our Kundalini shine.
You must know that this energy is not good or bad, but it is an elementary energy that exists within us.
The sensation and awakening of Kundalini is frightening and disturbing for some people, which is a pleasant experience for others.
I divided the symptoms into two groups, “light” and “dark” symptoms, so “good” and “bad”.
Bright kundalini awakening symptoms:
- You feel a spiritual connection with the Divine that transcends the ego.
- You are full of bliss and boundless love.
- You experience phases of oneness in which your compassion for humanity grows.
- You use psychic abilities and develop extraordinary gifts.
- Pleasant sensations pulsate through your body.
- You are inspired to make big, life-changing decisions and make authentic changes in your life.
- Meaningful or miraculous coincidences increase enormously.
- You have deep insights into your behavior and past experiences.
- Your empathic abilities become stronger and you can feel everything on a deeper level.
- You begin to understand the nature of the mind and how it affects reality.
- You keep getting cosmic answers
Dark Kundalini Awakening Symptoms:
- You experience an intense, unwanted tremor of the body that can be frightening.
- Your nervous system is hypersensitive to external stressors (bright light, violence on TV, loud noises) and your nervous system shuts down or longs for complete loneliness.
- You have trouble sleeping.
- You experience sudden and shocking moments of ego death.
- You have visual Disturbances that can feel alarming (for example, objects that seem to vibrate).
- You experience intense heat, vibrations, or electricity flowing through your body.
- You feel like you’re having a bad drug trip even though you’re sober.
- You have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what you imagine (psychosis), and you feel like you’re going crazy.
Other symptoms of kundalini awakening:
The kundalini awakening symptoms mentioned above happen very often and I know from my own experience that it does not happen in all people in an accurate way.
From my experience and what once happened to me is that I had a deep sense of “impending calamity” that lasted two weeks, followed by a gentle movement of Kundalini energy from my head through my body down into my stomach.
This energy felt soft and gentle like a delicate breeze and when the energy reached my chest, it felt like it was working on something there.
Then it dissolved and left me.
Some less common symptoms of kundalini awakening:
- The feeling of being broken or having no center in you.
- You dream of snakes or see them everywhere and this is an alarm of your subconscious.
- You are as vulnerable as a small child.
- A manic and exuberant energy or the opposite, chronic fatigue.
- Your dreams are vivid and lucid.
- You see lights or listen to music even though it’s not there.
- Insight into your experiences from past lives.
- You spontaneously do yoga postures: kriyas, mudras or pranayama.
- You mourn for all beings of this world who feel pain in any way.
- You sometimes feel like you’re not in your body.
- You get panic attacks and feelings of horror, even though everything around you is fine.
- Strange cravings or aversions to certain foods.
- You get orgasms spontaneously.
- You develop strange, physical symptoms such as autoimmune diseases or digestive problems.
The condition and duration after Kundalini awakening
After the experience of Kundalini awakening, there is a long period of integration.
It takes a while for a person’s mind, heart and soul to fully understand what they have experienced and implement it in daily life.
For some people, kundalini awakening leads to liberation from the separate self.
The duration varies and some people experience kundalini awakening early on their spiritual path.
For others, kundalini awakens only after many years of spiritual practice.
It depends on your unique energetic blockages, your fate, your soul and many other factors.