If you are in a difficult time in your life, need a bit of positive energy, if you want to understand what the purpose of life is, then the Rumi quotes are exactly what you need.
Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi was a Persian poet, an Islamic dervish and a Sufi mystic.
Thanks to his way of life, he is known worldwide and with his discipline and wisdom he has shaped the 13th century and crossed many boundaries.
Rumi is mentioned and quoted in many well-known books, so you’ve probably read or heard at least a few quotes from Rumi so far.
Rumi is considered a great spiritual master and poet. His work has influenced and inspired many other artists, his wise words keep many others in their minds to this day.
Rumi quotes are known to be wise, thought-provoking, and powerful. Let his words help you to recognize all the power and beauty you carry within you.
His works have been translated into many different languages, including Spanish, Turkish, German, Russian, Urdu, Arabic, French and Italian.
Rumi’s poetry is a series of mystical experiences – a reflection on the beauty of nature, a song, a dance, an idea, a feeling… everything that makes us human.
Everything we can see with our eyes open or closed. Below are a number of Rumi quotes that prove how spiritual and intense his poems are.
Rumi Quotes – 50 quotes that will inspire you!
1. “The moment you accept the difficulties that have been given to you, the door will open.” Rumi Quotes
With this quote, Rumi wants to tell us that it is important to accept the challenges that apply to us and to deal with them. As soon as we accept them, new opportunities will soon come, which are certainly even better.
2. “Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within you that you have erected against it.”
In order for us to feel love, we must first welcome it into our lives. So it is not necessary to look for love, it will certainly come alone when we deal with our inner self and understand what barrier we have erected so that love cannot reach us.
3. “Raise your words, not your voice. It is the rain that makes flowers grow, not the thunder.”
This quote does not have to and should not be explained at all. Rumi said this very nicely and compared it to nature. This is also one of my favorite Rumi quotes
4. “Everything in the universe is within you. And ask yourself for everything, whatever it may be”
In many of his quotes, Rumi emphasizes the importance of dealing with one’s inner self and finding the answer to every question within oneself.
5. “Yesterday I was smart, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I change myself.” – Rumi Quotes
In this quote, Rumi wants to say again how important it is to become clear with yourself before making a change in the world. Because if you change yourself, you are already one step ahead.
6. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the whole ocean, in one drop.”
So it’s important that you know how much you care about and how much you mean. You should never underestimate yourself and it is important to have a high self-esteem in order to achieve a lot in life.
7. “Don’t grieve. Everything you lose comes back in a different form.” – Rumi Quotes
I am sure each of us can confirm this quote. If you think a little now, you will realize that you have never lost anything, that it has not come back to you in another form, as Rumi also said.
8. “This place is a dream. Only one sleeper considers him real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your sorrow.”
In this quote, Rumi wants to say that this world we live in now is transient and that people will laugh about it when we leave this world and live in travel the eternal, non-transient world.
9. “Don’t settle for stories like others have done. Develop your own myth.”
So you should never think that you can’t achieve something that others have already succeeded in. It is important to work on yourself and not to pay attention to others, because in this way we only lose our precious time.
10. “Ignore those who make you anxious and sad, who bring you back to sickness and death.”
Our environment has a great influence on us, whether we are aware of it or not. So it is important that we remove those who are always negative and sad from our lives.
11. “I want to sing like the birds without worrying about who hears it or what they think.”
Don’t pay attention to what other people think about you. People will always comment on everything, no matter how you behave.
12. “There is a candle in your heart that wants to be lit. There is a void in your soul that wants to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?”
Our soul strives for changes, feelings, something new. Give it to your soul. They will be fulfilled.
13. “The spirit is so close that you cannot see it! But reach for him… Don’t be like a jug full of water, the edge of which is always dry. Don’t be the rider who gallops all night and never sees the horse that is below him.” – Rumi Quotes
Rumi tells us that sometimes we have to push our limits and make a little effort to achieve the goal.
14. “Farewells are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul, there is no such thing as separation.”
Love is something deeper than seeing with your eyes. Whoever loves with the heart, there is no farewell, because the person you love is always carried in your heart.
15. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a flow within you, a joy.”
Everything you do in life should be done out of love and with our soul.
16. “Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?” – Rumi Quotes
Again a quote about the life we also live and should not spend in a “prison”. We should take advantage of every opportunity that this life gives us.
17. “When the world brings you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray.”
With this quote, Rumi wants to say how much religion and faith are important in our lives.
18. “You have to break your heart until it opens.”
A closed heart is the reason why we cannot live our lives. Open your heart, break it to receive more.
19 “Your depression is related to your impudence and your refusal to praise.”
In today’s world, almost every second person is said to be depressed. Our depression is only related to our inner self. We are solely responsible for these feelings.
20. “Flee from what is comfortable. Forget about security. Live where you are afraid to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried long enough to plan sensibly. From now on I will be crazy.” – Rumi Quotes
With this quote, he wants to say that we should go out of our comfort zone and live with the electricity. One should live and enjoy every day and avoid plans.
21. “If the feet of the trees were not tied to the earth, they would run after me. Because I’ve blossomed so much that the gardens envy me.”
In this quote, Rumi describes the state of his soul after understanding what life is and how to live it.
22. “Your heart is as big as an ocean. Go and find yourself in its hidden depths.”
The depth of our heart can only be reached by ourselves by dealing with it.
23. “Trapped in our own thoughts, we worry about all sorts of things.”
We think about a lot of things and the problem is that everything just stays at that level. We should not just think. In this way, we will only worry. We need to act to make a difference.
24. “Laugh as much as you breathe. Love as long as you live.” – Rumi Quotes
“Carpe diem” is the motto of this quote from Rumi – Take advantage of the day!
25. “Patience is the key to joy.” – Rumi Quotes
It is very importantg, to be patient and to train your patience. If we are impatient and cannot expect a change, then only unwanted feelings enter our soul.
26. “What is planted in the soul of every human being will germinate.”
Everything we foreshadow and what we cultivate in our lives will one day see the daylight.
27. “Respond to every call that excites your mind.” – Rumi Quotes
If you notice that something brings joy to you and your soul, then you should do the same.
28. “Patience with small details makes a great work perfect, like the universe.”
We have already talked about patience in this article. But this quote emphasizes even more why patience is important.
29. “There is a life force in your soul, seek this life. There is a gemstone in the mountain of your body, look for this mine. O traveler, if you are looking for it, do not look outside, look inside yourself and look for it.”
This quote again speaks about the mind and our inner self. In many of his quotes, Rumi talks about how much our inner self is important and how much we need to take care of it.
30. “Be a lamp, a lifeboat or a ladder. Help heal a person’s soul. Go out of your house like a shepherd.”
This quote says that we should talk to other people about positive things to motivate them and help them overcome difficult situations.
31. ‘Work. Continue digging your well. The water is there somewhere.” – Rumi Quotes
The goal will only be closer if we continue to work and continue. Every step brings us closer to it.
32. “Death has nothing to do with disappearance. The sun goes down. The moon is setting. But they’re not gone.”
When someone we loved died, it doesn’t mean we said goodbye forever. Our souls will certainly meet again.
33. “The pain you feel is messengers. Listen to them.”
Pain can only teach us what our mistakes are, what we can do better, and give us the strength to keep going.
34. “Take someone who counts no points, who is not looking to become richer, who is not afraid of loss, who has not even the slightest interest in his own personality: he is free.”
This quote talks about friendship and who we should choose for our friends.
35. “I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives in me.”
Rumi has said a lot about the mind and how much it is important to cultivate our spiritual side.
36. “Love is the bridge between you and everything.”
According to Rumi, love is exactly what moves us!
37. “When you begin to walk the path, the path appears.”
For Rumi, it has always been more important to act than just talk about it and think about it.
38. “Close your eyes, fall in love, and stay there.”
I especially like this quote because when I read it, I immediately close my eyes and think of the person I love.
39. “At every moment the fire rages, it will burn away a hundred veils. And take a thousand steps towards your goal.” – Rumi Quotes
This quote is sure to make every person think!
40. “Every man is created for a particular work, and the desire for that work is placed in every heart.”
We are all different and that’s beautiful! We are all destined for something and there is no person in the world who is exactly ourselves!
41. “Peaceful is the one who is not concerned with having more or less. Unbound by name and fame, he is free from the worries of the world and, above all, of himself.”
In this quote, Rumi speaks of people who have reached a higher level of spirituality. Exactly the level where they have understood that this world is not so important but transient.
42. “Travel brings strength and love back into your life.”
This quote talks about travel and wherever you’ve traveled, you’ll surely say that this statement makes sense.
43. “What? Do you still pretend to be separated from your lover?” – Rumi Quotes
Loved ones are always around us, whether they are alive or not. Think about it!
44. “Open your hands if you want to be held.”
This means that you too have affection and affection and Have to show love to get the same!
45. “Grace comes that we may forgive and then forgive again.”
If you learn to forgive other people, then you will also be a free person.
46. “If you are looking for a friend who is flawless, you will be friendless.”
No one is perfect and you need to be aware of that when you start criticizing a true friend.
47. “We are born of love, love is our Mother”.
Love simply has to take the first place in our lives.
48. “This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love, that’s you.” – Rumi Quotes
This quote makes me think, and it’s really true! What do you mean?
49. “The moon remains bright if it does not avoid the night.”
The darkness will pass, and so it is in our lives. Sometimes you have to wait longer but the light is always at the end of the tunnel.
50. “Everything that was yesterday has passed with yesterday. Today you have to say new things.”
We mentioned this quote last to emphasize that you have to live in the present and not in the past!